Executive Openings! $80,000 to $500,000+
Doreen Virtue Angel Day

Monday, March 23, 2009

A-Z Ways To Praise A Child Or Someone You Love

I had been noticing this particularly outstanding poster that I, myself, stuck it to the back of my kids' bedroom's door years ago. Whenever I walked passed their room, I was reminded of its existence and knew all this while that it was a golden rule that I, a mother, should be following it religiously.

The first time I got hold of that poster, I was glad and closed to being childishly delighted, who can I blame? Even till these days, as a mother of two, I myself would secretly wished that my mum would utter such 'nourishing' words to me and it would definitely makes my day. However, as time goes by and as I kept catching glances of that poster, rather than simply wishing I had been practising what I secretly honour, I genuinely knew I could do better than that.

Years had passed. Just last month, I was contemplating of removing that poster and forget about it altogether. After all, that poster was such a nagging reminder that I almost felt too burdened to practice what it preached. (Bear in mind, it had nothing to do with religion.)
Now that I took a last look (or I thought so) at it, I found a long-lost love and decided to rekindled it by penning it down instead. I Knew even by the time that poster was torn or discarded, I still have this post on my blog to remind myself of its gist, and who knows, my daughter or son may happens to look up my blog one day and found my love.

I had devoted this post to honour the poster's gist - that poster's love, which was devoted to children. Here, I would like to include children of all ages. With that, I also include adults even seniors like my mum (now ages 73). She would smile and shows obvious delightfulness when I simply utter some 'nourishing' words to praise her. Smile. I am glad I still have the opportunity to contribute in bettering her life. Originally I had intended to copy religiously a 100%, from that poster, word for word, I began finding the listing rather dry. So I came up with this fun-way of alphabetically listing the praises and you can play it as a game, without the burden of committing to it. Have fun!

The rule is simple.
Rule No. 1
: Start day one from 'A', utter such words like Awesome! Dear! (see suggestions list below) and ends your day as far towards 'Z' as you can. Don't worry even if you can't get past E or further on the first day.

Rule No
. 2: Next day, start from 'A' again. This time aim at getting further (more) than the day before. have fun!

Rule No. 3
: Always says it with love.

If you had forgotten where you had ended the day before or you had skipped (incidentally) a day or two without praising anyone, that's fine!

Simply start from
Rule No. 1 again.
There is no penalty or forfeiture of any kind.


Here is a list of suggested words or phrases to kick start your thinking, you can add your additional words or phrases and if you are willing to share your development, please add your comment or email me.


Suggestions List:-

A - Awesome! Amazing! Absolutely, you are Almost there!
B
- you have done your Best, Beautiful, Baby, you look Better already!
C - you are so Creative! Cute, you look Clean, what a Clever boy/girl/idea,
D -
Dear, darling, I am so delighted, you look different..
E - Excellent!, Enjoy yourself!, be Easy on yourself,
F - Fantastic! you look Fresh, you are so Funny,
G - Great! Good! Gorgeous! what a Gift! that adds Glory!
H - Hooray! for you, Honey, Have fun! How true!
I - I'm Impressed!, you are Incredible!,
J - Just for you, what a Joy!,
K - 'Kick your heel!'
L - that's so Kind of you, Love ya!, Looking good!,
M - you Make me laugh, you Make my day!
N - Nice haircut! Neat!,
O - Outstanding!
P - I'm so Proud of you, Pretty, Perfect!
Q - Quite ___ ,
R - Right, (show Respect), There's always Rooms for improvement, you are so Romantic!
S
- Sensational! Sweet! Super! you are Special, (always with a Smile),
T - Terrific!, Tasty! True..
U - That's Unique,
V - quite a Victory! Very ...
W - Wow! Well done! Wonderful! (put on a Wide smile!)
X - (X-tra hugs!)
Y - Yap! Yes,
Z - (Zip your lip for 10 seconds, when you are angry)

You can print the list out and paste it on any door or wall for easy reference. You can then add in your own idea onto the list and extend it for personal use!

So go ahead! Have fun and drop your praises from now! Don't forget to Praise yourself too!

With Love to all mums,
Monica



ps: Notice I only included positive phrases throughout my entire post and trying as such as possible to skip any negative suggestions or remarks. That goes the same to your using of phrases each day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hay House, Inc. 468x60 Animated
Hay House, Inc.