Executive Openings! $80,000 to $500,000+
Doreen Virtue Angel Day

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

'Lucky Noodle' - With Love From Mum

To all mummies with kids, let me starts with a story. A short one.

Years ago, one sunny day, our family was having lunch and my sweet 3-year-old had just started learning how to use a pair of chopsticks.

I was enjoying seeing him fished around a big bowl of rice noodle soup with his tiny fingers gripping around 2 sticks.

Out of nowhere (or right from that bowl of noodle soup, actually) a strand of yellow fat noodle floated up, amidst the bowlful of white rice noodle.

Nicholas stared at it for quite a while and seems not knowing what to do with it.

It pops up and looks totally different from the rest of the noodles in his bowl.


He was frowning, undecided what to do, with a 'to accept and eat it or what?' kinda expression.

I decided that this is a golden opportunity to teach him something (for once, this is something I came up with on the spot, actually) that he can from his mother.

So instead of telling him to pick it out and throw it away or simply swallow it, I said "Oh look! It's a Lucky Noodle!"

"What's a Lucky Noodle, Mummy?"

"It's one that appears odd in your bowl of normal noodles. You are lucky!"

"So I am lucky?"

"Of course! That's because you found a lucky noodle in your bowl!"

Nicholas accepted that that 'lucky' idea I came up with sounds great!

Since then, whenever he chanced upon something odd popping up in his daily routine (or in his bowl of noodles), he took it with a smile and recognised it as his Lucky Noodle!

These days, I would accept and appreciate my
'Lucky Noodle' whenever one pops up too. With a smile.

So have you noticed any
Lucky Noodle in your life?

Accept it as a blessing and set your kids one good example that they can follow.


And remember, always with a smile, mums.
Monica.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hay House, Inc. 468x60 Animated
Hay House, Inc.